Introduction of the test summary for lithium batteries. Manufacturers may only place tested batteries on the market. Since 1.1.2020, the information on the passed UN 38.3 test must be documented in much more detail and made available to users.
The results of these tests are bundled in an overview, the so-called test summary according to UN 38.3.5.
Manufacturers and distributors of cells or batteries must provide the test summary specified in the Manual of Tests and Criteria, Part III, subsection 38.3, paragraph 38.3.5, for all lithium batteries manufactured after June 30, 2003.
The previous practice of using safety data sheets as a basis is now supplemented by the provision of the test summary.
This info must be provided in a test summary:
- Name of the cell, battery or product manufacturer.
- Contact information of the cell, battery, or product manufacturer.
- Name of the test laboratory, including any contact information.
- A unique test report identification number
- Date of the test report
- A detailed description of the cell or battery
- List of tests performed and results obtained
- Reference to testing requirements for composite batteries
- Reference to the revised edition of the Manual of Tests and Criteria used and any amendments made to it
- Signature with name and title of authorized person indicating the validity of the information provided.
From: UN Manual of Tests and Criteria 38.3.5